III. Channels for Consumer Complaints
You should first contact the traders (sellers or service suppliers) directly with details of your complaint, and give them a chance to put the matter right. It is best to put your complaint in writing and include the following information:
- date of the advertisement or the website where it appeared;
- date your order was placed;
- details of goods or service ordered;
- amount paid and the method of payment;
- any references (e.g. order number or customer reference number);
- reason(s) for your complaint;
- anything else you think is relevant; and
- how you would like your claim resolved.
You should also keep copies of any letters you send along with a diary of events, and make a note of the time, the name of person you spoke to, and a brief record of what you discussed, for any telephone calls you have with the traders.