Skip to main content

2. Does my domestic helper have to live in my home?

The Immigration Department normally requires foreign domestic helpers to live with their employers. Also, the home address must be specified in the employment contract. Legal experts believe that this requirement may be inconsistent with the right of Hong Kong residents to live where they choose, and thus may be subject to legal challenge.