Skip to main content

6. What should the executor/administrator do if he has lost the Grant?

He may apply for a Duplicate Grant in person or through a firm of solicitors in Hong Kong.


He shall attend the Probate Registry directly and file such application by way of an affidavit:

  1. explaining how the Grant was lost and/or misplaced;
  2. providing reason(s) that a Duplicate Grant is necessary; and
  3. undertaking to the Court to return the Duplicate Grant to the Probate Registry if the “original” Grant is found later.


Furthermore, he has to apply for and file a certified copy of the Schedule of Assets and Liabilities (including the Additional Schedule) and the Will (if any); and pay the necessary administration fees.