1. I want to sell my flat. What services can I expect from an estate agent?
The agent should:
- Get information about your flat from you;
- Market your flat to potential purchasers. Your agent should not advertise your flat by whatever means (e.g. newspaper advertisement, posters or brochures, etc.) without your prior approval;
- Arrange for potential purchasers to inspect your flat;
- Arrange for negotiations with potential purchasers;
- Tell you about all offers in relation to your flat. If any potential purchaser has shown interest in buying your flat and has quoted a price for the flat, the agent must inform you immediately;
- Help you negotiate and sign the provisional agreement with the purchaser.
It is very important that the agent is honest with you and the agent should always act in your best interest.