Skip to main content

11. If the vendor/purchaser anticipates that he will be out of Hong Kong and therefore cannot sign the formal agreement, what can he do?

He can appoint an agent to act on his behalf by executing a legal document called the “Power of Attorney” pursuant to the Powers of Attorney Ordinance (Cap. 31) before he leaves Hong Kong. The powers granted under the Power of Attorney can be general or specific to a particular transaction.