Skip to main content

b. A trust corporation as the attorney

For a donor having substantial assets, he/she may consider getting professional assistance to manage those assets in case he/she becomes mentally incapacitated. In such circumstances, the donor may want to engage a professional trust corporation to become his/her attorney under the EPA.  Section 6(b) of the Enduring Powers of Attorney Ordinance (Cap.501 of the Laws of Hong Kong) expressly allows the appointment of a trust corporation to act as an attorney.