Skip to main content

1. What amounts to taking “a girl out of the possession of her parents or guardian”?

The ‘taking’ need not be by force, either actual or constructive. A girl leaving her parents or guardian as a result of persuasion, inducement or blandishment is sufficient. It is immaterial whether the girl consents or not. For example, where a man persuades a girl to live with him by promising to give her something, this may amount to ‘taking’ her away.

Last revision date: