Skip to main content

2. Are the police allowed to search my premises for child pornography?

Yes. The police or the Customs and Excise may apply to a magistrate under section 5 of the Prevention of Child Pornography Ordinance (Cap. 579) for a warrant to enter your premises to search and seize anything in respect of which an offence under section 3 of the Ordinance has been or is being or is about to be committed. Anything which contains evidence of the commission of offences under section 3 of the Ordinance may also be seized. Items include electronic devices like computers, laptops and mobile devices.