Skip to main content

7. My company has received a written demand from an alleged creditor requiring us to pay them within 21 days. We strenuously deny that our company is indebted to the alleged creditor. Is there anything our company can do to protect its interest?

You may send a letter to that creditor disputing the debt and request him to withdraw the demand. Furthermore, you can apply to the Court to set aside the demand (i.e. to make it invalid) if a winding up petition is presented.