Skip to main content

1. Can Mr. C file a winding-up petition against AZ Company at this stage?

Firstly, Mr. C should make sure that "AZ Company" is a limited company. He could find out the registered details of this company by conducting a company search at the Companies Registry and a business registration search at the Inland Revenue Department.


If it is confirmed that AZ Company is a limited company, Mr. C should also issue a formal written demand to the company requiring it to pay the debt before presenting a winding-up petition. The written demand must be left (not sent by post, by registered post, by fax or by electronic means) by Mr. C or his lawyer at the registered office of the company. The company must be given 21 days in which to pay the debt before any further action can be taken against it.