Skip to main content

F. Voluntary winding-up by the company itself

No matter whether the company is in financial difficulty or not, it may hold a general meeting of its shareholders to bring itself to an end by winding-up procedures. If a special resolution is passed for winding-up, the company may then apply to the Court for a winding-up order (via procedures similar to a creditor's petition).


Alternatively, a special resolution that the company be wound up voluntarily may be passed. In that case, no winding-up order from the Court is necessary.